Rubbing House


Following the destruction by fire of the original public house which had been built in 1801, the current building was built in 1866. It is thought to be the only public house set in the middle of a racecourse. The Practice was commissioned to obtain planning permission for a substantial extension and remodelling so that an improved layout and increased capacity could be achieved.